Why join AASA?
In answer to this question, there are many different facets involved in each
type of AASA shooting, whether for time only scoring or man-on-man shoot-offs.
Here then, are just a few of the many reasons to join and participate in the
American Action Shooting Association.
1. Support an organization historically proven and dedicated to the
introduction, education and training of new individuals to the shooting
2. Support an organization that recognizes other shooting organizations,
divisions and classes, calibers, and firearms.
3. Start an AASA Club in your area to generate more new shooters to
participate in a fun, family oriented shooting sport.
4. "It is organized plinking and loads of fun".
5. Support a shooting sport with a format that is neither offensive nor
defensive. Shooting is more socially acceptable and media friendly.
6. Support a shooting sport that is family oriented and fun for all ages, sizes,
handicapped, male or female with divisions for each.
7. It is a format that is easy to understand the courses and simple to
8. The AASA falling steel format is much more spectator friendly, easy to
score and provides shooters with "instant gratification" of fast and
9. It is a completely different style of shooting that demands precision,
discipline, accuracy, mental toughness and control.
10. AASA shootoffs format involves principles of "iron sharpening iron" and
can bring out the competitive best in a shooter.
11. Gives a person an opportunity to exercise their right to keep and bear
arms and support their rights to participate in shooting sports with all
types of firearms.
12. Support AASA mission and goals to: Promote safe, family shooting fun
and the responsible use and handling of firearms. To acquire and establish
properties for shooting ranges with permanent steel and other target
systems for use by AASA members. Provide remote and improved
camping, condominium and recreational facilities for shooters and their
families as a base to enjoy surrounding vacation sites and attractions.